vrijdag, april 02, 2010

España!- english

Border Navarra/ Pays Basque

Pyrinees (1)

 

Me, Dominique and Jonas aus der Schweiz (from Switzerland)

I'm now in Logroño in La Rioja. The weather is still great, I walk all day with no t-shirt. From Roncesvalles on was funny, I found myself in the middle of a marathon, and I came also in the `diario de Navarra`!

Between Roncesvalles and Zubiri. That hero behind me is Jonas aus der Schweiz (from Switzerland) and was encouraging the whole time the Basque runners. I look down because it was quite a tricky rocky descend

I hike small daily distances now to enjoy as much as possible from Spain. I hike at the moment with 2 Swiss guys and one Spanish girl, named Anna (like my sister), funny huh? The funny thing is that both Anna`s are quite similar in behaviour.

`Caminando con Anna de San Sebastian` (hiking with Anna from San Sebastian)

As you can see I am hiking without a t-shirt, it's here 25 degrees in October! ¿Que bueno no? (= not bad ey?). Yesterday I was in the `fuente de Iraxe', a wine fountain, cool huh? I have filled a two liter bottle haha. I walk all day among the grapes, most here are not picked yet, they are very sweet, really delicious!.
 
Yesterday we had a kind of party, we tried the local drink, the`Txaparan`. I was a bit drunk, but it was super fun. And we had the albergue for ourselves!. It is still enormous busy with pilgrims, the alberques are gigantic, often up to 130 sleeping places, and they are often full, Imaginate (= imagine)!. The day before yesterday I was in a albergue Parroquial, the hospitalero made ​​the cena (= meal) for the peregrinos, very cool, you're then eating all together. The cool thing is that you get a breakfast next day.

Pamplona was practically deserted, very typical (when I was there in 2004 during the feria de san Fermin the place was loaded with people!).

It is not necessary anymore to carry food and water all day (like I had to do in France). You can here everywhere a bocadillo (some kind of French bread with tortilla espanola or beef / chorizo on it) delicious food, and you never have to worry whether something (a bar/ restaurant) is open, as in France, really a world of difference!

Now I'm back in Logroño in such a albergue parroquialat 21.30 there will be the 'cena' (= dinner). Tomorrow I go to Azofra, and I will pass Najera, cool right these names?



Eunate (antes Puente la Reina)

alto del perdon [despues Pamplona]

Los arcos

Los arcos

Los arcos, cimeterio (cemetery), `I who once was like you, you will be what I am [now]`


San Anton with the Egyptian cross

Canal de Castilla

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten